Monday, December 7, 2009

Pie

So I haven't baked b/c I don't think I'm good at it. Well moreso with "baked goods" (i.e. cakes, breads, ... k you get it). I was invited to the bf's aunt's for Thanksgiving. They buy a smoked turkey and ham from N. Carolina! Last year I remember thinking why the turkey was red, but I was told that it was smoked. This year it came out too salty for my liking but hey, what can you do, it's a hit or miss. The ham was great tho! I missed mashed potatoes, but turnips sort of made up for it! They're delicious btw! There was various other things too.

So now that I've wasted some of your time w/ that banter, all I really wanted to say was: I made a pie, an apple pie. Here it is.


Lattice pattern on top w/ some leaves for fall... well I think of leaves during Thanksgiving. I used Granny Smith apples, should've used one or two more, I forgot that food tends to shrink when you cook it. Oh well, it was gone before any of the other pies, store bought ones I might add! [Thank you, thank you!]

I miss cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Okay, okay, so I've only done it twice. I don't stray from the traditional, but you can't go wrong with classic flavors! I vow to make my own Thanksgiving feast next year! Maybe I'll just throw a middle of the spring Thanksgiving dinner. Actually, that sounds like a plan! [You can tell I'm really exited b/c I've used about 75 exclamations points.]

No comments:

Post a Comment